Conservative Watch News
July 11, 2012 REPOSTED: July 14, 2012
COULD THIS BE WHY THE MIDDLE CLASS IS STRUGGLING?
Posted by: Joshua Gates
This was taken from the Church Bulletin “About Us” Section of Barack Obama’s church when he attended under Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Please examine carefully what was written about the “middle class.” This entry pro-ports that the doctrinal position of the Black Values System would have “no-middle-classness.” Did any of this unorthodox “Christian” doctrine affect the bias that is currently held by our Commander-in-Chief? This is their wording (Including what appears to be grammatical errors):
Trinity United Church Christ is commitment to embracement of the Black Value System
We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian… Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain “true to our native land,” the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.
Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:
- Commitment to God
- Commitment to the Black Community
- Commitment to the Black Family
- Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
- Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
- Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
- Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
- Disavowal of the Pursuit of “Middleclassness” **
- Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
- Pledge to make the fruits of all developing acquired skills available for strengthening and supporting Black institutions
- Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
- Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.***
The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:
- A congregation committed to ADORATION.
- A congregation preaching SALVATION.
- A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
- A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
- A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
- A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
- A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
- A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
- A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
- A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.
Obtained from “WayBack Archives” All rights reserved.
** What does this mean?
*** What is the Black Value System?