(HumanEvents.com) U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice, famed as the chief purveyor of the Obama Administration’s false talking points on the Benghazi attack, will become Barack Obama’s new National Security Adviser following the resignation of Tom Donilon. Obama previously tried to promote her to Secretary of State, but that required confirmation, so the effort collapsed.
I’d say that a more brazen insult to the American people from this President could not be imagined, but, hey, IRS. This means the President who claims he learns about his Administration’s activities by watching the news will be advised on national security by a woman famous for lying to the media.
(Washington Post) Western officials and experts fear that a pair of Israeli airstrikes on Syrian military targets in recent days increased the risk of attacks on Israeli tourists and other civilian targets in the coming weeks as Damascus and its allies try to retaliate.
On Tuesday, Syrian officials repeated warnings that “Israel will suffer” for destroying a cache of advanced Iranian-built missiles apparently intended for Hezbollah, the Lebanese militant group closely allied with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
(FNC) President Obama, who earlier said use of chemical weapons by Syria on its people would be a “red line” requiring action by the U.S., walked the stance back on Tuesday, saying he needs more information on the reported attacks before responding.
Administration officials recently said intelligence analysts had “varying degrees of confidence” the embattled government of Syrian President Bashar Assad has gassed civilians with sarin. However, Obama said the administration is using all its resources to determine the facts about a weapon that he has said would be a “game changer” for U.S. policy in the war.
(Express.co.uk) h/t Drudge: Japan’s Ground Self-Defense Force soldiers prepare its missile interceptor
In a commentary carried by the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), the communist country lashed out at Tokyo’s standing orders to destroy any missile heading toward Japan, threatening such actions will result in a nuclear attack against the island nation.
(FoxNews) The top U.S. military commander in the Pacific on Tuesday defended the decision to delay a key missile test, saying the U.S. has already demonstrated its capabilities to North Korea and suggesting there’s no need to further inflame tensions with an “unpredictable” leader.
Adm. Samuel Locklear, commander of U.S. Pacific Command, stressed that the U.S. has a “credible ability” to intercept any missile launch from North Korea — as the regime reportedly prepares for a launch as early as Wednesday.